My life runs on coffee. My morning cup of coffee often sets the tone for the day. If I get to relax and enjoy a cup without interruption, my day seems to run much smoother. If I have my coffee in a travel mug or cold because the whole house woke up with me, my day tends to be nuts. The good news about both of those days is my coffee is by my side helping me make through the morning.
In an effort to try new things and possibly find some health benefits, I decided to try new things in my coffee. Here is the top 10 list of most consumed coffee add-ons I found on the internet.
Here is the top 10 list of coffee add-on:
- Different types of Milk – Almond, Coconut or Condensed Milk
- Spices – Cinnamon (my favorite and has health benefits), All-Spice, Nutmeg, Cayenne
- Vanilla Extract – Coffee experts suggestion on about 1/2 teaspoon to 1 cup of coffee.
- Chocolate – Syrup and chucks
- Flavored Syrup – Amazon has several different flavors. I live the vanilla bean the most.
- Whipped Cream – Sugar & cream together in one
- Different Flavored Sugars – I have found the best selection at spice shops.
- Butter – The suggested recipe is 1 teaspoon per 1 cup of coffee blended.
- Essential Oils – Peppermint oil is the most popular. If you have not used essential oils before they can be very strong, so start by adding very small amounts.
- Ice Cream – The most common flavor added to coffee is Peppermint.
I had a great time, tasting all the coffee add-on for this articles. The only one I could not wrap my head around was the butter in my coffee. It was interesting. I would love to hear your thoughts after you have tried it.
Do you have a favorite coffee add-on not listed above? Share in the comments below or on our Facebook Page.