In this position you will set up and operate workstation in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Read and interpret computer specifications/instructions to select the correct equipment and packaging materials for the product. Fill, secure, and label containers according to company and/or customer specifications in a quick and accurate fashion. Verify goods packaged against order information on tablet and delivers the packaged product to the appropriate area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedure within a food packaging industry. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
– Operate machinery used in the packaging process, or assist other compounders or packagers
– Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify management of any malfunctions
– Pack products in boxes, pails, or drums as instructed in a timely manner with accuracy.
– Verify label accuracy and apply labels to the correct product and container.
– Lift finished products and packed items, manually or using hoists.
– Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
– Maintain clean/safe work areas, machines, equipment, and product packaging according to safety and SQF standards (proper GMP’s and sanitary procedures)
Non-Essential Job Functions:
– Replenish supplies as needed
– Share duties of disposing of trash and recyclable and restocking supplies in the restroom, break room areas and on the production floor
– Must have a high school diploma/ GED
– Must be able to lift up to 100lb on an occasional basis
– Must be able to lift tup to 50 lb on regular basis
– Experience in food manufacturing a plus
Send resumes to Maggie@onstaffusa.com