We have a great temp-hire role with Mann+Hummel. We have all shifts available 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Pay starts at $10/hr and they offer lots of overtime. You get time in a half for 40-52 hour and anything over 52 hours pays double time. If you are looking for a clean work environment that has very friendly employees this is the place for you. If you are interested in the position please apply online at www.onstaffusa.com or if you are already registered with us please contact us at 269-385-6292.
SUMMARY: This position includes the general responsibility for correctly assembling production components according to operator instructions and ensuring that each component produced or assembled meets or exceeds customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assemble product and operates machine to standard rates.
- Comply with all health, safety, and environmental (HSE) rules and regulations and promote HSE awareness.
- Participate in the facilitation of cell requirements, including job assignments, conflict resolution, team building, training, health, safety, environmental, and quality,
- Provide SPC information documentation when required.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities.
- Assemble product to meet all expectations of the customer.
- Inspect product to ensure it meets all quality standards.
- Accurately count and package product into containers or boxes.
- Read and follow Visual Work Instruction (VWI) and/or Work Instructions (WI’s).
- Verifies proper Cell Set up by:
- Checking VWI’s is correct to part running in cell;
- Verifying barcodes to VWI’s;
- Completing Lot Traceability to ensure all required components are in cell;
- Making sure components are labeled with lot numbers;
- Running verification parts;
- Preparing parts needed for quality testing when required;
- Correctly filling out daily Start-Up information
- Proper use of KANBAN System.
- Communicates problems and issues during shift and at shift changes.
- Performs and documents quality checks according to the Quality Assurance Control Plan and Inspection Instruction Sheets.
- Practices good 5S housekeeping techniques and actively participates in 5S activities.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Supervisor advised of any production, downtime, HSE & Quality problems.
- Performs activities in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record to ensure timely work completion.
- Must have knowledge of and adhere to the current Quality and Environmental System requirements that relate to this job.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED;
- Experience in manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Excellent attendance is required as well as the availability to work overtime.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.